EMT In Crawlspace Vent - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

EMT in crawlspace vent

I want to get electrical from a crawlspace into an exterior wall in an addition we're adding to avoid running electrical through an attic that will be inaccessible after the drywall is up (vaulted ceiling truss). The foundation has a raised stem wall, so there is no rim joist that would allow access to drill up through the bottom plate. So the only place I can get electrical from the crawlspace to the wall is up through the vents in the raised stem wall as in this picture: . It is ok to have EMT so close to the outside? There is no joint in the EMT within 2 feet of the vent except for the one that will be inside the wall, so I there shouldn't be a moisture problem, but I don't know what the NEC or other codes might say about this.
drdugl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
retired framer

Rewards Points: 20,656

Re: EMT in crawlspace vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdugl View Post
I want to get electrical from a crawlspace into an exterior wall in an addition we're adding to avoid running electrical through an attic that will be inaccessible after the drywall is up (vaulted ceiling truss). The foundation has a raised stem wall, so there is no rim joist that would allow access to drill up through the bottom plate. So the only place I can get electrical from the crawlspace to the wall is up through the vents in the raised stem wall as in this picture: . It is ok to have EMT so close to the outside? There is no joint in the EMT within 2 feet of the vent except for the one that will be inside the wall, so I there shouldn't be a moisture problem, but I don't know what the NEC or other codes might say about this.
Try posting the photo again, they don't work on anyone's first post.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2017, 03:13 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 4,434

Nealtw

Right click on picture box, then click open in another tab. The picture will appear.
ron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 4,434

Houston, I think we have an opening........

ron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement