Code Info - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cjcjhh

Old 08-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

code info

Hi, Can someone tell me where would be a good place to see the code requirements for electrical and plumbing work. Does it vary from state to state? I am looking for North Carolina codes. Specifically as it pertains to bathrooms.
Nealtw likes this.
cjcjhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,810

Re: code info

Are you looking for a how to install it guide or are you looking for the codes that tell you what is required ?
You might be better off with a basic home wiring book if you are looking for a how to install guide.
As far as code goes, NC is on an amended NEC 2017 at the state level. I do not know if they allow City or county jurisdictions to amend the state. (My state does, as long as the amendment is more or better than what the state requires)

The NC amendments are here.
http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Engineerin...ersion%201.pdf

You need to cross reference these to the identical numbered code sections in the NEC and substitute them in place of the NEC wording.

If you skip the first 2 pages and start reading the actual amendments on page 3, you will get an idea what the NEC reads like, and whether you really want it.

The NEC is published and sold by the NFPA. They will give you access to an online copy, but I find that difficult to use. I much prefer a hard copy or a searchable electronic. But those are expensive, the paperback is about $100. You can get them elsewhere, but they are pretty much price controlled. Many people work off older copies (2014 or 2011).

Here is the access point for the NEC (aka NFPA 70) online version. You will be asked to set up a free account before you get access.
https://www.nfpa.org/codes-and-stand...detail?code=70
Oso954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement