Bathroom Layout Tight/Awkward? - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 8

Bathroom Layout Tight/Awkward?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping that I posted this in the right section. I'm hoping you guys can offer some suggestion and idea on how you would redo our bathroom. I have attached a blue print picture below.

I'm concern with this layout as it may look awkward and be tight around the toilet and vanity. The reason we laid out our bathroom like this was because we wanted the vanity the first thing you saw when you opened the door.

Second reason for this layout was that given the small width of the closet we felt like we would not be able to view our clothes properly if we full stepped into it.

We were hoping we would get some suggestions and ideas from you guys before we full put this into effect.
dyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #2

Re: Bathroom Layout Tight/Awkward?

Post this so I can be able to post my link on my next reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 382

Yeah, I had a 4 x 8 "walk in" closet and it was pretty much useless as a closet because I had to dig through clothes to get from one end to the other..

I turned that 4x8 "closet" in to a pretty nice on suite bathroom with a walk in shower.

4 feet is not enough to walk in and too deep for a wall closet. You would be better off with a 30 inch deep wall closet and use the rest for more bathroom room - where you place it I don't know.

Off the top of my head, I would center the entrance door where the toilet currently is. Closet on the left - 30 to 36 inch deep by 9 feet with custom slider doors and Johnson by pass sliding door hardware.

The right hand wall could be a shower, vanity spun to the right against the right hand wall and a toilet at the end of the run. Maybe enough room to place the toilet behind a door in a toilet closet.

Basically a shotgun left and shotgun right with a space to walk down the middle. Walls and doors take up room. Make the closet doors the wall.

Just one idea.

Last edited by Erico; 04-25-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:48 PM   #5

Thanks for your input Erico and I'll bring it up to the wife. As for the closet, we were thinking of purchasing a pax closet system from ikea for the walk in. It will take up 35 cm which will give us about 2'8" of walking space between the pax closet system and wall. Do you think 2'8" will be enough room if we chose to go this route?
Old 04-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyup View Post
Thanks for your input Erico and I'll bring it up to the wife. As for the closet, we were thinking of purchasing a pax closet system from ikea for the walk in. It will take up 35 cm which will give us about 2'8" of walking space between the pax closet system and wall. Do you think 2'8" will be enough room if we chose to go this route?

35 centimeters is less than 14 inches. I suppose that is ok if you only plan on stacking folded clothes. Hanging clothes take up a good 24-27 inches depending on the system.
Erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement