Bathroom Fan Questions - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 54

Bathroom fan questions

Hello,

I currently have a combined bathroom and laundry room. I want to add a partition wall dividing the two rooms from one another. The problem is, there is only one fan located on the ceiling right where I want to install the wall. Does anyone have any advise as to how I can redirect the fan into one or both rooms?

This leads me to my next question. Do I need a fan in the laundry room? Could I just add a new fan in the bathroom and direct it with duct work to the vent leading outside or should I add duct work splitting fans in both rooms to the outside? Is it even possible to direct fans with duct work?

Thanks a lot.
eagle3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 582

remove fan from center where wall is going and reinstall in just bathroom...not that big of a deal...
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Rob

Rewards Points: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle3ye View Post
Hello,

I currently have a combined bathroom and laundry room. I want to add a partition wall dividing the two rooms from one another. The problem is, there is only one fan located on the ceiling right where I want to install the wall. Does anyone have any advise as to how I can redirect the fan into one or both rooms?

This leads me to my next question. Do I need a fan in the laundry room? Could I just add a new fan in the bathroom and direct it with duct work to the vent leading outside or should I add duct work splitting fans in both rooms to the outside? Is it even possible to direct fans with duct work?

Thanks a lot.
They make fans that the fan sits higher from the ceiling and just the ducts attach to the ceiling. You could run one duct to each room using a wye.
Just to answer your question. Is it even possible to direct fans with duct work?
Robpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement