Bathroom Exhaust Fan Needed? - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Bathroom exhaust fan needed?

I live in Nassau County NY and need to know if a bathroom has an operational window does it also need an exhaust fan? Trying to find out through the Building Dept. but that seems like it will take forever.

Thanks
Daniel
danwli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,348

No, you don't need a fan if the room has a window, but It's such a bad idea not to have one.
Are you going to leave the window open in the Winter time, when it's raining outside?
A fan is much more effective in removing moist air then a window.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

I agree it would be much better to have one. My problem is that with the original build of this house it may be to crazy/costly to put one in. For example, there is a roof vent for the fan, but no connection to the box. The vent is just through the roof, nothing more. The existing box in the ceiling has two lights in it but no fan. I'm trying to find a fan that has a 16" by 10" grill so I can replace what is there with out doing major sheet rock repair on the ceiling and then I will have to connect it to the roof.
danwli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement