Basement Project - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Basement Project

Ok everyone. I need some help figuring out what to do with my basement. I own 3 bedroom, 2 and 1/2 bath, bi-level. My problem is the basement. I cant figure out what to do with this extremely large room. I have a living room upstairs. My girlfriend and I are torn on what to use this room for. I would like to build a modest bar and have a home theater with a projector on one of the walls, preferably the one between the two windows. she wants to leave it open and use it eventually for a kids playroom. the room is about 22x22. Right now i am mudding and sanding some spots in the drywall where the previous homeowner finished it, and there was a indent where the taper seam of the drywall was going around the whole room.

Thanks for the help in advance. Any input for the room would be a great help. We are both unsure exactly what to do with it. and what colors to pick to paint the walls. We are definitely not going to keep that awful yellow
Mattme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
DIY-er

Rewards Points: 75

Leaving it open is a good idea if you can't decide on what it will be used for. But you could also put in a home theatre on one wall that would not interfere with a children's playroom in the future. Painting the walls white, off-white, or another light shade would allow you to easily change it in future when you decide exactly what you want to do with the room.
KevinPh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement