Average Cost To Take Down Wall - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Average cost to take down wall

I just bought a mobile home and want to take kitchen wall where stove is down to open up room . I also want to change from the electric stove to a gas stove and oven . What do you think the average price for something like this and what kind of people to hire .
Calagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 05:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,884

Re: Average cost to take down wall

There is no such thing as an "average price".
Going to have to get some local prices.
The gas company where you get the tank should be able to run the new gas line.
Just about anyone including yourself can remove the wall.
Is there any wiring, plumbing, HVAC in the wall?
What's the plan on repairing all the damage in the ceiling and floor once that walls removed?
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Yes the wall is where oven and stove are . I imagine putting to big support posts on both ends and putting hanging lights above. I hate how all it looks now so I suppose we just do a total tear down? Thanks for any help
Calagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

yeah there are a lot of variables to getting the cost for removing a wall. Now if it is one of those standard ranch homes, with the wall split down the middle between the two living rooms, then it is pretty straight forward and maybe $2500 to $4000 in an average market. But lot of things to consider, load bearing wall or not, which usually it is on one of these ranch homes. And the pricing can vary greatly with the kitchen coming into play, because then you would have to re do plumbing, appliances and etc. Could get much more costly.
MoversRoswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 107

In a mobile home I have no idea. Carpenter with experience in mobile homes would be the primary guy, depending on what's in the wall, an electrician and plumber and a plumber or gas company for the gas plumbing for the new stove. Too many variables . You will need to get local quotes from local contractors. A local mobile home dealer way know of some people who have experience
jimn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
costs estimating projects