Attached Carport As Living Space - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Attached carport as living space

Hello,
I'm new here and am looking for some advice. I have an attached carport that I'd like to turn into living space. The carport is on a footing, but has a fairly flat "rubberized" roof. Most homes around me have enclosed their carports, but the difference would be the roof. I have little doubt that I could do the work myself if the roof isn't an issue.

Thanks
VoteLibertarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,472

Last winter, on my street, one patio and one car port collapsed. I'd remove the existing car port and start new. Car ports also don't have continuous footing where you can build an enclosure that can support windows, floor, weather/water proof.
carpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement