Anticipating Hanging Items On A Stone Veneer Wall Install - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Anticipating hanging items on a stone veneer wall install

I will be installing Cast Natural Stone on the wall between my living room and kitchen to give it an old french country limestone wall look down the middle of my house. Wondering whether I should take steps to make it easier to rehang items on the wall once it's up, like a couple shelves and a mantel that attaches to a 2x4 that is attached to the wall. The new stone will add close to a couple inches to the depth to get any kind of screw or bolt to a stud AND I'll have to drill through the stone or mortar to get there so I was wondering if anyone knew of anything that could be added during the stone install to make it easier, like a long female union that could be pre-mortared in and bolted into later.

Any ideas/experiences?
LauriM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,082

Re: Anticipating hanging items on a stone veneer wall install

You can always put blocking in place between the studs before you start the stone installation.
stick\shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Re: Anticipating hanging items on a stone veneer wall install

I have granite on many of my walls and if there is something you can do before hand to help in hanging things, do it. I tried super strong/outdoor Velcro to hang things on the granite and it only worked on a very light weight picture, so I had to drill through the grout in order to hang anything.
danaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement