1st Timer Need Some Advice And Help - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 8

1st timer need some advice and help

Hello everyone my name is lewis. I live in Houston Texas and I am wanting to redo my room. I actually want to sound proof it, I'm a day sleeper and I have 3 roommates and one very rambunctious 7 year old . I tend to get woken up through out the day when I have to go to work at night. Our house is old and it is bought and paid for. But my room tends to get very hot during the summer and cold during the winter, I have a window ac unit and space heater. I am on a VERY tight budget. So my way of thinking is to rip out the old drywall put brand new insulation up ,?plus use something from Home Depot call "Quite Brace" sheating sound deeding (it's 8.00 a sheet),and then install 1/2in 4/8 drywall. I have never done anything like this before so I'm wondering do yall think that will cut out all the sound by making my room sound proof,and make my room cold during the summer and hot during the winter? My room is 13 x 13. My apologies if I posted this on the wrong section. Thank you in a advance. lewis

Sent from my iPhone using diychatroom.com
Maxwell1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,890

There's no need to posted the same question in 4, different forums.
Most of us regulars check all the new post and would have seen your first one.
Makes it easier for everyone when posting and on you when looking for replies.
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 144

Do a search and check out some of the musicians forums.Some are really into soundproofing for obvious reasosn and have tried lots of different ways.
One example::http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sea...rchid=55616188
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 4

If your going yo tear out sheat rock look into that spray in expanding foam I need attic insulation font forgeg the floor cool air will leak out low areas warm air rises our attic get realy hot in south texas you can place your hand close to cieling you can feel the heat radiating into room
rivasdaniel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement