Attaching A Headboard To A Wooden Bedframe - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
BP1

Rewards Points: 38

attaching a headboard to a wooden bedframe

HióIíve got a rookie question, and I guess itís more or less carpentry. A friend of mine bought a wooden bedframe and, separately, a headboard to attach to it. The problem is that the headboard is designed to attach to a standard METAL bedframe: You stick a bolt through a washer, then through one of the headboardís two metal legs, then through the hole in the bedframe, and then tighten everything with a nut.

Iím not sure how to adapt this for her wooden bedframe. Iím thinking of replacing the bolt and nut with a screw; that is, Iíd screw the headboard to the bedframe (probably still using the washer). Does anyone have any thoughts about whether that would work to secure a moderately heavy headboard to bed? Or better ways to solve the problem? Thanks in advance!
BP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 3,262

What is the way the frame was designed to have a headboard mounted?

Should be some kind of brackets, or pre drilled holes on it.

If not I would get some type of bracket for the frame and through bolt it to the frame , then mount the headboard the way it was designed to the metal frame.

Maybe you can through bolt the headboard directly to the frame by drilling proper holes for it. Just use sturdy enough bolts, you do not want a loose headboard to fall on a sleeping person.

ED
de-nagorg is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to de-nagorg For This Useful Post:
BP1 (06-12-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
BP1

Rewards Points: 38

Thanks for the thoughts, de-nagorg! As far as I can tell, the frame wasn't designed to have a headboard mounted at all--there are neither brackets nor holes.

I'm looking around for brackets that might work--though I think that would mean adding some unwanted distance between the headboard and the frame.

As for drilling proper holes--I like the idea, but the holes could only go through the frame's legs, which are pretty thick; I don't think I'd trust myself to get a good straight hole all the way through.
BP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement