Metal Sheds & Sliding Doors - Metal Fabrication - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Metal Fabrication

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 256

Metal Sheds & Sliding Doors

Hopefully I've Picked the Right Thread to Post my Query.. Since we're talking a Metal Shed.. I recently assembled an 8' X 6' Arrow Brand, Metal Shed.. I took Care to follow the Installation Instructions to the letter, the Problem is to Push / Pull the Sliding Doors on the Track.. One has to use the Two Handed Approach with great care in finding the sweet spot if you will without Yanking the BeeJeepers out of the Doors.. The Door Assembly comes with 2 Plastic Blocks to each door for the Top Track with 3 pr of holes in each block so as to adjust to close flush.. And only one sided U-Shaped Tabs to fit into the Bottom Track..

I'm asking for any Tips / Tricks to make the Doors Open / Close Smoothly as I said previously without Yanking hard on the Sliding Doors.. Cheers Thanks
NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,760

When the last of the plastic slides broke, on one of the doors, on a metal shed I have, I replaced the slides with two of these:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_55273-76018-...en+door+roller

I'm going to replace both slides on the other door, as this fix made the doors work better than they ever had before.

You can try the same.
ktkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ktkelly For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (06-29-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktkelly View Post
When the last of the plastic slides broke, on one of the doors, on a metal shed I have, I replaced the slides with two of these:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_55273-76018-...en+door+roller

I'm going to replace both slides on the other door, as this fix made the doors work better than they ever had before.

You can try the same.
So if I get this Right each sliding door you replaced the 2 Plastic Blocks on Top that held 2 screw each .. Installed 2 Rollers instead ??.. Did You get them out of the Hardware Aisle at Lowe's ??: That is a Terrific Replacement Idea..

Last edited by NorPlan; 06-29-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 09:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
So if I get this Right each sliding door you replaced the 2 Plastic Blocks on Top that held 2 screw each .. Installed 2 Rollers instead ??.. Did You get them out of the Hardware Aisle at Lowe's ??

Yup, you got it, and yes, I got them from the local Lowe's in the hardware section.

They are not a perfect fit, but man, they do work SO much better than those silly plastic blocks.

On my doors, the blocks had one hole, and the door had three adjustment holes in the metal.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktkelly For This Useful Post:
NorPlan (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Yup, you got it, and yes, I got them from the local Lowe's in the hardware section.

They are not a perfect fit, but man, they do work SO much better than those silly plastic blocks.

On my doors, the blocks had one hole, and the door had three adjustment holes in the metal.
At First I had issues with having the doors close flush so I could put a pad lock through the door handles.. My plastic blocks came with 3 pr of adjustable holes.. But as long as I can get those rollers up into the Track without to much difficulty .. It will definitely make a world of difference.. Thanks for the Tip
Old 07-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
You can try the same.
That's a Ditto to your Quote.. Made it intown on Friday, cruised the Hardware Aisle at Lowe's .. The Price $$$ was even better than online..lol.. Made the Modifications this morning .. World of Difference like Soft Butter on Bread.. Thanks Again for the Tip
Old 07-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #7

Quote:
You can try the same.
@ ktkelly... That's a Ditto to your Quote.. Made it intown on Friday, cruised the Hardware Aisle at Lowe's .. The Price $$$ was even better than online..lol.. Made the Modifications this morning .. World of Difference like Soft Butter on Bread.. Thanks Again for the Tip
Old 07-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #8

Sometimes a little simple thing is a great improvement. Glad to hear it worked out for ya.

Made my head just a little bigger, says the wife.... :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement