Love Doing Your ISP's & TV Providers Work - Networking - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades > Networking

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-04-2015, 04:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 6,652

Love doing your ISP's & TV providers work

AT&T was supposed to put back up the NID after the siding was done. But instead the siding company thought that they were doing me a favor by hanging the NID.

Ended up having to unhook theU-Verse drop and Cat-5e that goes to the jack where all of my gear is at. So that I could pull the drop behind the NID and also untagle it from the CATV drop. Which in turn included having to label and unhook the Satellite coax from the Static block, same with the CATV drop.

Originally the box for the Coax lines was going to go above the AT&T NID. But they placed the NID over the hole for the lines going into the house.

It took me around two hours to get the mess straightened out and tucked the Coax in the box on the right, with so much excess for the CATV drop. I thought that there was less.

For the U-Verse protection, AT&T uses a protection block where the incoming and outgoing going terminate inside the NID. Both Coax lines are protected by Sacrificial Lightening/Static protection, attached to the Static block on the line side that enters the house.

Ground lines got to split bolts attached to the Meter Pan ground for the incoming Electric. And yes our utility grounds at the meter and also grounds at the Cold Water pipe nearest to the panel inside.

I am not going to take arguments how our utility requires that setup. Because it always ends up with trying to find a dead horse at the glue factory.

I did find out when I was tie strapping the lines to the house. They did not put the bolt for attaching the Rainhead to the house. My wife as having kittens, when I was using a Ratchet to bolt it back up.

Love doing your ISP's & TV providers work-imageuploadedbydiy-chat1433410426.790544.jpg

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement