Trimmer Head Replacement - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,876

Trimmer head replacement

I have a Sears straight shaft gas trimmer, model #316.711200. This trimmer is equipped with the "EZ Spool" head that takes sections of precut line. I hate this head, cutting up against anything solid like landscaping pavers or edging along the driveway wipes out the line within a few feet.
Wondering if anyone has a model similar to this one and has found a bump spool head that will fit. Sears parts direct does not list one that I saw.
roughneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,912

Re: Trimmer head replacement

Take it to a Poulan dealer, at one time they made the trimmers and chainsaws for Sears.
http://www.poulanpro.com/us/service-locator/
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,876

Re: Trimmer head replacement

Found a solution

http://m.sears.com/Craftsman-Extende...p-07179264000P

I'm going to run this trimmer till the motor dies and then go Echo or another commercial brand. This and my lawn tractor will be my last Sears products. Had many disappointments with their products over the last few years. My father retired from Sears after 40 years and refuses to go in their stores or buy their products anymore.
roughneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement