Sun Joe Electric Detatcher Review - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-26-2018, 11:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 122

Sun Joe Electric Detatcher Review

Here is a short video of the Sun Joe Electric Dethatcher for anyone thinking of buying one.
Joeycarnuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2018, 10:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 912

Re: Sun Joe Electric Detatcher Review

Why are you getting rid of the thatch? It's good for your lawn in several ways. It has nutrients back into the grass and helps reduce moisture evaporation. What kind of grass do you have that you are mowing it 1/2"? About the only place you ever see grass cut that short is on a golf course putting green. It's much better for the grass to leave it longer. You only want to cut about 1/3 of its total height off when you mow.
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2018, 10:57 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 18,118

And why are you even posting this?
No one asked a question.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Why are you getting rid of the thatch? It's good for your lawn in several ways. It has nutrients back into the grass and helps reduce moisture evaporation. What kind of grass do you have that you are mowing it 1/2"? About the only place you ever see grass cut that short is on a golf course putting green. It's much better for the grass to leave it longer. You only want to cut about 1/3 of its total height off when you mow.
I have tiffway and it naturally grows very thick, detaching the lawn every now and then allows air and water to penetrate the soil and promotes a healthy lawn. I usually keep the lawn about 1" long. At the time I did the video I cut it down to 1/2" for a seasonal transition. Putting greens are much shorter than mine (about 1/8" to 1/4" long). Most people ask if my lawn is artificial because it usually looks so good.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
And why are you even posting this?
No one asked a question.
You don't ever offer helpful advice or an opinion on a product unless someone asks?
Old 07-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycarnuba View Post
I have tiffway and it naturally grows very thick, detaching the lawn every now and then allows air and water to penetrate the soil and promotes a healthy lawn. I usually keep the lawn about 1" long. At the time I did the video I cut it down to 1/2" for a seasonal transition. Putting greens are much shorter than mine (about 1/8" to 1/4" long). Most people ask if my lawn is artificial because it usually looks so good.
I actually had tiffgreen at my home in South Carolina mowed it with a high-speed 7 blade reel mower at about 1". I never had to dethach it the whole time I lived there. Over seeded in the winter with ryegrass to keep a Green lawn year-round.
Advertisement