Snowblower Manual Chute Rotator - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 834

Snowblower Manual Chute Rotator

I have a new Craftsman snowblower that is going through its first winter this year. My issue is that it has one of those manual turn-style chute rotators (I know, don't laugh at me, it's my first snowblower) and the indents on the chute never reach far enough to line up with the spiral on the chute rotator stick, so they don't lock in together, and therefore the chute doesn't turn when I turn the knob.

Is this something Craftsman will fix since it's new and still under warranty or is this just one of the perks of a manual turn-style rotator?
Solidify is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 202

Can't see it from here, and no model number to go by, so don't know if this might help, but on older ones that I am familiar with the bracket that holds the rod is slotted a bit, so that you can loosen the bolt, move the rod closer to or farther from the teeth on the chute, and tighten the bolt. Too close it binds, and too far back is probably where you are now. If this doesn't help, it's most likely covered in the manual.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 834

Thank you Dexter, your suggestion worked; I just brought the rotator handle closer to the slots at the base of the discharge chute and everythinf works perfectly now.Snowblower Manual Chute Rotator-imageuploadedbydiy-chat1423501930.502896.jpg
Solidify is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement