Simplicity Regent 15 W/38 Deck - Spring Placement - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarwinsFlinch

Old 10-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 56
Question

Simplicity Regent 15 w/38 Deck - Spring Placement

Hey Gang...

I came across an old Regent by the road side with "free" sign on it. Brought it home and gave it a little love - fluid change, plug, filters, grease bearings - and it fired right up. No clue why it was abandoned and not going to ask.

My question comes regarding a spring that is apparently used to tension the belt. The layout suggests to me that as the pulley is pulled left, tension on the belt increases. There is a handle on the pulley that, I assume, gets pulled right to release tension so the belt will come off the PTO pulley

I find no place to attach the spring where I think it should go. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
DarwinsFlinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2017, 08:01 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 56

Re: Simplicity Regent 15 w/38 Deck - Spring Placement

Nevermind, all. Finally found the manual online and the belt is not routed correctly. Problem solved.
Nealtw likes this.
DarwinsFlinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mower deck , simplicity , spring