Riding Mower Replacement - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-14-2015, 05:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 28

Riding mower replacement

I currently have a John Deere L130 Model (I think that is the model) which I have been using for around 10 years. The mower has been excellent as far as durability goes. The only item ever replaced/repaired was a 50 cent spring that broke.

However, I do not want another one because of the way it gashes up my grass. In several locations in the yard I can see long areas where it appears the deck is lower on one side but when on absolutely level areas it does perfectly. I have made adjustments time and time again with no improvement. The deck came with two front wheels for the front but none for the rear - perhaps that contributes to the problem.

I have seen several reviews but none address cutting issues. They only review the mowers characteristics: deck size, turning radius, engine size, etc. I want a rider that has durability and cuts good. Anyone have recommendations. I want to stay in the price range of $1750 to $2500. I may get a few more years out of my John Deer but it just might be nearing its last days.

Thanks in advance,

Jim
jrhutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,348

Any way you can add rear stabilization to the mowing deck?
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 510

Have had a Cub Cadet LTX1050 for 5 years now. Does a wonderful job of cutting the grass evenly even on sloped parts of the yard. 2 of my neighbors have Cub Cadet mowers that also perform well. Have heard good things about Snapper as well.
chitownken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chitownken For This Useful Post:
jrhutty (08-16-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 432

Look what followed me home today. 46" Cub with a V-Twin Kohler 22hp. Can't tell you how she cuts because by the time I charged the battery, mixed up 5 gallons of ethanol free gas and broke in the new engine, a big cloud formed over the house and it started to pour. But tomorrow I'll be sure to get the wife to mow the back yard and let you know how it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Riding mower replacement-dsc00465.jpg  
funflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #5

Unfortunately I don't know if I could ever find the correct components.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #6

Oh, I forgot, does this mower have three or two blades and what are their lengths?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement