Honda Pressure Washer Not Starting - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 93

Honda pressure washer not starting

I have a commercial Honda pressure washer.. Has always fired right up . A few years ago I pulled and pulled but couldn't get it to start . Gave up And borrowed someone elses because the project need to get done.

So new house and new projects. Tried again with no luck.

I feel like it isn't even close to turning over. The first thing I attempted was to check for spark. I had a hard time getting a good ground and when I pulled with the plug out attached to the wire. I got a new plug and having the same issue not see a spark! Am I grounding it wrong? Is there a better way to check? Could it be the wire?

I wasn't done for the night so I took off the carburetor and soaked the parts in gas. The fuel bowl did have a lot of junk in it so I thought that could be the issue. Let it soak for a few, reassembled and still the same issue. It was late and dark. So I quite.
The carbs is better but not sure f I need a more in depth cleaning.
I guess my first question is how is the best way to verify the The wire and make sure I'm getting good spark, The plug is new thanks and advance
bfan781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 840

Check the oil level carefully, the honda's have a sensor that monitors oil level. Not enough oil, or even sitting out of level and it will not get a spark.

Get a couple spray cans of carb cleaner to work on the carb. Use the extension tube included and blow out all the holes and clean everything up like new. Carb cleaner will do a lot better job of cleaning than soaking the parts in gas. Make sure the needle and seat is not stuck.

Get it into a dark or shaded area, connect the plug onto the wire and hold the plug body against the head with a screwdriver to ground it. With the switch in the on position have a helper pull the rope. Look for a hot blue spark.

Squirt a little gas directly into the carb and pull the rope, if it has spark it should at least sputter after a few pulls.
iamrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 93

Great thanks for sharing the knowledge. I got home that night checked the oil and it was low.... So I added it. The plug was already out from the previous night, pulled the rope and saw strong blue spark. Which I didn't have before reading your post and checking oil.

Put it all back together and it fired up first pull. Back in business.

Thanks for the reply... It solved it.
bfan781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement