Deck Spindles - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 176

Deck spindles

I have a 2012 Craftsman LT2000 46" cut with 21 HP Briggs motor that I bought new.

The only thing I have ever had to do to it was sharpen the blades and replaced the battery once.

I keep the mower inside year round. Funny to say, but it's never been rained on, lol. I mow on average twice a week and the yard is flat one acre.

To my question, deck spindles. I raised the mower to look at the blades and possibly sharpen them. In doing so I noticed one spindle has a little side to side play in the shaft. I figured I had better replace both spindles sooner rather than later. Now for the big question, are all spindles equal? If I'm going to replace them, I want to do it least often. I had an old Murray I bought and used for 13 years and never needed to replace them.
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 03:45 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,558

Re: Deck spindles

Being an estimated 99.9999999999 percent of those come from china I believe we can safely say, yes all spindles are equal.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeniorSitizen For This Useful Post:
Mike Milam (09-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 AM   #3
retired painter

Rewards Points: 1,848

My youngest son bought the same/similar mower in 2007 and had to replace the spindles multiple times. His side yard is a little rough and is slow to dry after a rain so maybe that put extra stress on it. This year he bought a zero turn and cut over an hour off of his mow time.
mark sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mark sr For This Useful Post:
Mike Milam (09-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 17,912

I order mine from Agri Supply and most often there Oregon Brand.
https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/Or...indles/c/13_27
Mike Milam (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark sr View Post
My youngest son bought the same/similar mower in 2007 and had to replace the spindles multiple times. His side yard is a little rough and is slow to dry after a rain so maybe that put extra stress on it. This year he bought a zero turn and cut over an hour off of his mow time.
I was torn between this mower and zero turn when I bought this. I have regretted that decision several times. My next door neighbor bought a zero turn last year and he fly's around his yard. I was concerned that going that fast would impair the quality of the cut, but it sure doesn't seem to.
Advertisement