Craftsman Mower - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 18

Craftsman mower

Hey DIYers! I have a Craftsman Eager 1 push mower with a Tecumseh engine. It starts and runs beautifully for about 2 minutes. After that it starts an occasional sputter/misfire but continues to run. About a minute later it just dies, like I shut it off. Then I have to wait about 1/2 an hour before I can start it again. I've replaced the air filter, loosened the gas cap and torn the carb apart twice and sprayed the heck out of it with carb cleaner. When it dies, if I immediately loosen the nut on the bottom of the carb, gas pours out, so it's getting gas. Is it possible that as the coil warms up it starts to malfunction (hence the sputter/misfire), then as it continues to warm up, just stops working altogether (hence dies like I shut it off)?
cgrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement