Ariens Lawn Tractor - Good Or Bad - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 40

Ariens Lawn Tractor - Good or Bad

I am looking at 42" Ariens mower with Kohler engine for yard mowing. Reviews state clutch a little grabby but otherwise a good machine. Only have 1/2 acre with moderate slope. Apparently Husqnavrna Mulching kit fits this mower. Any comments appreciated before I purchase.
Inspector102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector102 View Post
Only have 1/2 acre with moderate slope. Any comments appreciated before I purchase.
Does the engine have splash or pressurized oil lubrication? Splash is fine for flat areas, but with a slope, you will oil starve the engine.
47_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_47 View Post
Does the engine have splash or pressurized oil lubrication? Splash is fine for flat areas, but with a slope, you will oil starve the engine.
VERY important point, though it should be noted that on a moderate slope most of the splash systems are okay.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
A Little Of Everything

Rewards Points: 1,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector102 View Post
I am looking at 42" Ariens mower with Kohler engine for yard mowing. Reviews state clutch a little grabby but otherwise a good machine. Only have 1/2 acre with moderate slope. Apparently Husqnavrna Mulching kit fits this mower. Any comments appreciated before I purchase.
If you could give us a model number that'd be good.

That said, for the most part Ariens puts out good products. If you're buying it from a dealer, they should stand behind it nicely and you should be fine.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrHicks For This Useful Post:
JD367 (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 88

I have researched hundreds of lawn mower reviews over the past couple of years and the Ariens lawn tractors mostly received very good reviews from consumers. The 42" Ariens is powered by a 17HP Kohler motor that is highly rated. A good buy if you ask me...
thediyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement