Any Stihl Guys In Here...BR600 Blower Issue - Tractors & Mowers - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Tractors & Mowers

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jmon
  • 2 Post By lenaitch

Old 10-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 74

Any Stihl guys in here...BR600 Blower issue

Hi, my blower is acting up and I'm trying to better understand whether or not I have a simple problem or something a little more costly. Basically it usually fires up first time of asking however if I switch it off before it gets warmed up it won't fire up again.

Happened again today. I fired it up but didn't check the fuel level before I did (I was on fumes) and it died on me. I filled up with fuel but the damn thing refused to start, choke on choke off, didn't matter. I took the spark plug out and it was wet so I dried it off and refitted it but that didn't help. I even went and bought a new plug and tried that...no use. I took the air filter cover off and found that it was wet with fuel inside and the filter was wet. After I removed the filter and tried to start it the blower started up.

Here's my thing...first of all I'm not sure whether fuel inside that cover is part of the design (I suspect not but could be wrong). Secondly there's a flap beneath the air filter that is for a Summer or Winter setting. I can't figure out how air gets inside the carb when that flap is covered over (Summer setting) as it appears to be the only way air can travel from the outside to the inside of the carb is via the hole that the flap covers.

Unless you're familiar with the Stihl BR600 then most of the above probably makes no sense...just hoping there might be someone on here that can give me a few pointers. I removed the air filter and hung it up to dry out and used the blower with no filter to get done what I needed to. Just wondering how long its going to take to get soaked again if I refit it once its dried.
swearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 07:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,692

Re: Any Stihl guys in here...BR600 Blower issue

I had a similar problem with my br600, about 4 years old. It would run fine, but as soon as you turn it off to refuel or take break whatever, it would not fire back up. After it sat for couple hours or the next day, it would start right up again and run like a champ. Turned out to be the coil. Your problem is different i know. You didn't say how old yours is, if over 5 years old, it's probably out of warantee.

In my situation, being how you can only buy them at authorized dealers who sell and service them. I Took mine back there, cause that's where I purchased and registered it, and they had it up and running again in no time. Starts right up every time now. No charge.

Back to your issue, my air filter and air filter cover have no fuel on them. So this to me sounds like a carb or fuel line issue. Possible o-ring or fuel line failure somewhere, idk. Hope you get it figured out soon swearbox.
swearbox likes this.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmon For This Useful Post:
swearbox (10-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 1,004

Re: Any Stihl guys in here...BR600 Blower issue

Not directly related to you problem, but raw fuel in the carb/air cleaner is probably a result of your repeated attempts to start it, just like your wet plug. I don't have a blower but on my Stihl weed-whacker, a warm re-start is very fuel sensitive and it is very easy to over-fuel (flood) it. I have a similar problem with my Lawnboy mower but it's been like that since 1980 so I live with it.
I searched 'Stihl blower won't start when hot' and got several hits. Give them a look.
firehawkmph and swearbox like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to lenaitch For This Useful Post:
swearbox (10-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement