Tile On Concrete - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By stadry

Old 04-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #1

Tile on concrete

My inquiry is what is the best method to do the following? My home is just over a year old. It is built on a poured concrete foundation and is a walk out basement. I have built a deck and a patio below the deck. I am think of either installing a stone fašade or brick look porcelain tile on the concrete wall that is under the deck which surrounds the patio to dress it up. The concrete is in a rough brick pattern and is painted. What is the best method to attach the stone/tile? Thanks
davsanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 7,752

Re: Tile on concrete

1. Surface prep...paint has to come off unless you are going to hang it via lathe or something else.
Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,686

Re: Tile on concrete

don't waste your time, effort, OR $$$ til you post our location,,, we work in hilton head & atl,,, exterior tile's a GREAT $$maker for us since nobody takes care of it,,, we get to remove what's still adhering, grind the conc, & apply decorative conc hybrid-polymer cementitious overlays,,, nobody posting here has p-diddy's or arthur blank's wallet
Windows on Wash, Msradell and Domo like this.
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement