Stucco Mess - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-03-2016, 08:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,504

Stucco mess

Hired a stucco guy to work on some stucco around 4 windows. They spilled a lot of stucco mix.

When they did the headers of the window blobs of the stucco mix dropped everywhere, some got on the bottom tracks of the window, and some got on the bottom of the wall where I have clay pavers. Also some got onto hosebibs and water shutoff valves. They only worked in some areas but their footprint with stucco coming in and out hundreds of times pretty much got it all over.

When they cleaned up they used a garden hose and sprayed all the pavers. At first it looked ok when the pavers were wet, but after a few hours when it dries up I see a white haze all over, and many many spots of stucco on the pavers. I tried to remove it with a bush broom, no luck, with a metal wire brush that worked but it would be insane to try and wire brush 1600SF of my paver deck. I called the stucco guy and he said that's fairly typical and a couple of rain storm and some traffic wear and tear it will not be noticeable after a few months...

I just spent four hours cleaning all of the stucco off window tracks, frames, hose bibs and water valves. Now I am trying to figure out how to deal with the clay paver deck. Will it clean up if I pressure wash the entire deck?

miamicuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,570

Re: Stucco mess

Wow. That's terrible they left it like that. I'd be having a talk with the manager of the company. They should definitely be responsible. Hope you can work something out with them.

Idk if the power washing would help or not, but that's what I was going to suggest. Worth a shot. Your stucco company's suggestion of waiting a couple months for wear and tear to fix it seems like the easy way out. Gotta be a quicker way. Standby, someone here may know how to clean it up quicker.

Last edited by jmon; 04-03-2016 at 09:04 PM.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 09:36 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,042

Try a spot with a muriatic acid wash, should clean it up pretty easy, be sure and follow the directions.
Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 01:50 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 310

good power washer would clean that up...maybe have them pay for a company to come power wash with good psi model.
PandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 4

Idk the muriatic acid might clean it off but getting to match all the pavers will be a chore. I would be upset
chadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement