DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Sealing patio gap

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Canarywood1 
#1 ·
I have a poured concrete patio about 20x8 ft that is up against the foundation wall. There is a gap about 3/4" wide where it meets the house. There was some kind of sealer in the gap made out of what appears to be a tar like product. The sealer has deteriorated over the years and we are getting a small leak in the basement. I would like to reseal this gap but I don't know which product to use. I was thinking of hydraulic cement but I am unsure if I need to use a flexible product to account for expansion/contraction. The gap is pretty deep so I could use backer rod and finish it off with flexible caulking of some type or I was thinking of using hydraulic cement but not filling the gap all the way and then finishing it off on top with a caulking. If I use a caulking what type should I buy?

#3 ·
I have a poured concrete patio about 20x8 ft that is up against the foundation wall. There is a gap about 3/4" wide where it meets the house. There was some kind of sealer in the gap made out of what appears to be a tar like product. The sealer has deteriorated over the years and we are getting a small leak in the basement. I would like to reseal this gap but I don't know which product to use. I was thinking of hydraulic cement but I am unsure if I need to use a flexible product to account for expansion/contraction. The gap is pretty deep so I could use backer rod and finish it off with flexible caulking of some type or I was thinking of using hydraulic cement but not filling the gap all the way and then finishing it off on top with a caulking. If I use a caulking what type should I buy?

What's on the opposite side of the patio?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.