Polymetric Grout Color For Pecan Tumbled Travertine - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tstex

Old 04-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,104

Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine

Hello to all,

It was recommended to go w a beige or taupe type polymetric sand to fill holes in an outdoor tumbled travertine. This was from the seller of the travertine that was installed in our poolside and covered summer kitchen area.

I've enclosed pics of the travertine and the recommended color of polymetric sand. This sand I agree for the holes in the travertine, but what about between the stone? The previous polymetric sand was a light grey and a lot of it got moldy and was blown out w power washer.

Pls let me know what you recommend on colors and where.

First pic is color of recommended p/meric sand for holes (southern tan)

Next pics are hole types in travertine, then at the corners where the pavers meet, then an overall picture.

Thank you for your help / tstex
Attached Thumbnails
Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine-image_1555280249340.png   Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine-image_1555280272287.jpg   Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine-image_1555280288486.jpg   Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine-image_1555280306206.jpg   Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine-image_1555280328869.jpg  

tstex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #2
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 646

Re: Polymetric grout color for pecan tumbled travertine

Personally I'd go with the Napa Tan as it seems to complement the colours of your stone, but the caveat is I'm only going by the colours in the close-up shot. The wide angle is too washed to tell.

BTW - It's 'polymeric', as in related to a polymer; nothing to do with metric anything. It's just a thing with me - I've seen it misspelled and mispronounced so many times. Like when somebody says it's a 'mute point' - it's moot point. Sorry for the rant; back to regularly scheduled DIYing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #3

Dog gone it, yes polymeric / my auto spell Ck did that and I did not catch it..

The titles are under the color, so it's western tan. The colors are pretty close so I'm ok w southern tan..

Are you ok w polymeric sand going btw the pavers as w in it too? It's not cheap at $33.50 per 50lb bag so when I start, it has to be correct.

Thanks, tstex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaitch View Post
BTW - It's 'polymeric', as in related to a polymer; nothing to do with metric anything. It's just a thing with me - I've seen it misspelled and mispronounced so many times. Like when somebody says it's a 'mute point' - it's moot point. Sorry for the rant; back to regularly scheduled DIYing.
LOL my pet peeve is the chefs—chefs who should know!—on the Food Network who pronounce mascarpone as marscapone. I bet they're also folks who say nuclear as nook-you-lur.
huesmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 994

I see two tans and a monkey vomit green color.

So have a small choice to pick from.

I too like the top tan in here.

What is the most important is that you go with what SWMBO chooses, what a bunch of guys from the internet , most likely will be wrong.

According to SWMBO.

ED
de-nagorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #6

Yes Ed, happy wife happy life

The southern tan when drying is really a light grey - I'm finished and when it dries, will post some pics

Thanks Guys
Tstex
de-nagorg likes this.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 646

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstex View Post
Dog gone it, yes polymeric / my auto spell Ck did that and I did not catch it..

The titles are under the color, so it's western tan. The colors are pretty close so I'm ok w southern tan..

Are you ok w polymeric sand going btw the pavers as w in it too? It's not cheap at $33.50 per 50lb bag so when I start, it has to be correct.

Thanks, tstex

To be clear I was thinking of between the stones. I'm not familiar with stone that has voids in them and whether/how they should be filled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement