Hole In Slab - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 82

hole in slab

Tried to find info but haven't had much luck, so maybe I'm looking to far into things.
I am going to be turning part of the garage into a 2nd bath. Considering sewage pit since gravity is my enemy in this endevour. I haven't done full inspection of it but the coons have made a nice home under one side of the slab and there is some crumbling (whole different topic, but might be of some relevance for my question).
I plan on putting the ejector pit in the center of the slab (wall of bath), but am wondering whether I need to reinforce this hole somehow prior to finishing the bath. Also, to save myself headaches in the future, what is my best way to cover the pit (guessing I don't want to concrete over top for maintenance reasons). Should I put a vanity overtop with the false bottom, or create a removable set of tiles on the floor?
Background info: had considered upflush, but hav eonly heard these are good for 2nd baths that don't get used much, and this bath will turn into our primary use. Also don't want the look of the above ground tank.
grendel5269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,456

look @ the zoeller pump setup
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,910

Ejector pits will come with their own cover. You shouldn't cover it with concrete because you will eventually need access to the pump inside. I would recomend locating the pit in a utility room or where a closet or storage area will go. It would be difficult to tile over.
jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2014, 05:31 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,456

was in ferguson's buying sumps & lids ( $ 174 / 2 comp to apron/vest store's $ 82.00 / 2 ),,, saw toilet w/blt-in mascerator pump ),,, think it was a poster
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement