DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

concrete patio

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jcarlilesiu 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I was doing some DIY projects and came across this site. I am loving all the information on the site so far!

I moved into my house in Jan. The owners before me attempted to poor an additional concrete slab for the patio. They failed on this attempt. Anyone have ideas on a easy fix for this without busting everything up and starting over. I will post some photos in a minute

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I was doing some DIY projects and came across this site. I am loving all the information on the site so far!

I moved into my house in Jan. The owners before me attempted to poor an additional concrete slab for the patio. They failed on this attempt. Anyone have ideas on a easy fix for this without busting everything up and starting over. I will post some photos in a minute

No easy fix for that,do yourself a favor and tear out and repour if you want concrete,or a bit pricey and a little more work but pavers would be my choice.

#6 ·
The concrete patio though finished horribly does not appear to be cracking, heaving, or sinking.

It looks like they did a really bad job of finishing it.

Depending on the height of the door sill that leads out to the patio and some other factors, I am not so sure that going right over the top with a new system would be out of the question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.