Recommend A Doorlocks? - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chandler48

Old 12-06-2019, 12:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Recommend a doorlocks?

Hi friends,

I need one for front door, and one for my warehouse. Budget is $100-$250.
Currently I have a list in consideration:

1. Schlage Sense - Bluetooth, Touchpad,mobile app, $155 +-
2. August Smart Lock HomeKit Enabled-Bluetooth/Wi-Fi, mobile/web app, $155 +-
3. Gate Smart Lock-Built-In Camera,Wi-Fi, touchpad,$249 +-
4. Ardwolf A60 - Fingerprint/Touchscreen Keypad, $169.99+-

I am thinking to get one between 1-3 for my front door, somewhat I can remote control them. But my question is, any of theri wifi/bluetooth work stably?? I am worrying that will make things more complicated.

I will be very likely to choose Ardwolf A60 for my warehouse, since it allows me to set entering 2 different persons' fingerprints together to enter. This is somewhat a must need for us.

Any experience sharing is apprecaited!
Sophiestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2019, 04:23 AM   #2
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 3,668

Re: Recommend a doorlocks?

Just curious as to why you would need the technology. Why bluetooth? Do you need to unlock either of them while you are in another town? IMO, a simple walk up insert a key, or key in 4 numbers and you are in. A lot of money for locksets.
Mike Milam likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 4,486

You don't necessarily need the connectivity, but the keypad locks are very convenient. No need to haul keys around.
huesmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,836

I have the Schlage key pad lock. I have had one in several house for over 10 years and have had no problems. I can kind of understand the smart lock aspect, but, I have felt no need for one yet. You can enter a temporary pass code if you need to have someone be able to come in for a short period.

But then, I haven't gone for much smart technology in my house yet either. Not even a wifi bulb. Just a smart TV.

I really like Schlage locks. The only ones I trust more are Baldwin.

ktownskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann View Post
You don't necessarily need the connectivity, but the keypad locks are very convenient. No need to haul keys around.
Yes, I like keypad and fingerprint
Old 12-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownskier View Post
I have the Schlage key pad lock. I have had one in several house for over 10 years and have had no problems. I can kind of understand the smart lock aspect, but, I have felt no need for one yet. You can enter a temporary pass code if you need to have someone be able to come in for a short period.

But then, I haven't gone for much smart technology in my house yet either. Not even a wifi bulb. Just a smart TV.

I really like Schlage locks. The only ones I trust more are Baldwin.
Thanks for sharing this, still checking between Schlage keypay and Ardwolf fingerprint. Is the keypad friendly for a 3-4 year old kid?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiestu View Post
Thanks for sharing this, still checking between Schlage keypay and Ardwolf fingerprint. Is the keypad friendly for a 3-4 year old kid?

My grandson is just 5 and he's been working the lock for a while now. Nobody actually taught him to do it, he just watched and picked it up on his own. One day he runs up to the door ahead of us and says "I can do it", worked the code and opened the door.

We have the basic Schlage electronic locks without any connectivity. They've worked great and have been installed on both front and back doors for over 10 years. Have only ever needed a battery change every 2-3 years.
iamrfixit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiestu View Post
Well a brain damaged 61 year old can do it. Usually. If I remember the code. And if I remember to lock the door, which I don't. At least I don't think so.

(I have a TBI and I forget things. Well, new things. Anything prior to my accident on 8-27-2015, I have pretty much total recall. At least from what I remember.

And please, I am fine, I take it day by day. I accept the new me and everything it entails. I am thankful that I have a loving and caring wife who understands me. At least most of the time. Besides, I would rather laugh. It is more fun and it tends to piss people off.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownskier View Post
Well a brain damaged 61 year old can do it. Usually. If I remember the code. And if I remember to lock the door, which I don't. At least I don't think so.

(I have a TBI and I forget things. Well, new things. Anything prior to my accident on 8-27-2015, I have pretty much total recall. At least from what I remember.

And please, I am fine, I take it day by day. I accept the new me and everything it entails. I am thankful that I have a loving and caring wife who understands me. At least most of the time. Besides, I would rather laugh. It is more fun and it tends to piss people off.
Thank you for the update and the inspiring positive attitude. But this also remind me a kid may forget the code too!!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #10

I made mine the combination of their ages. The month of the first born and the year of the second born. Try a variation of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ktownskier For This Useful Post:
Sophiestu (12-09-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 4,248

I buy Schlage locks. My father worked at a maximum security prison for his career and said they always used Schlage locks. Good enough for me. No internet or Bluetooth, though. You never know who knows more about technology than you.
Old Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Thomas For This Useful Post:
Sophiestu (12-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
door locks