Thermo Seal Spray Foam Waste Of MONEY - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 469

Thermo seal Spray Foam Waste of MONEY

If you want spray foam I wouldnt recommend this brand, Had the house Im remodeling sprayed twice by the same company and its still a bloody mess. What they claim on there web sit is bull, And if you have a problem they are no help they claim that the contractors are factory certified, If thats true Im a monkeys uncle. They fixed the first problem only to cause another one, Contacted the manufacture and they are no help, they do a great job of covering there butts tho

BUYER BEWARE
Jnaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #2

P.S would of been better to go with fiberglass then waste my money on this junk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,898

No location mentioned, no mention of what the issues was, wrong forum for voicing complaints.
Left there self and diychatroom.com open for law suites for defamation of carature.
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #4

Not a complaint just a warning, First coat pulled away from exterior 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch and second time around it looks like swiss cheese because thats how the factory says to spray it on. You be the judge if the r value they claim is achieved
Old 12-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,898

Not for me to judge or anyone else here for that matter,
Need to deal with this on a local level.
Small claims court, BBB, Board of contractors ECT. depending on your location who has jurisdiction.
Your post is like saying my new car broke down it's not worth buying buy another brand instead.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
Horse Whisperer

Rewards Points: 180

If someone told me their new make and model car they bought broke down, I would research that specific problem before I bought one. I appreciate hearing "case studies" or stories about specific products. It helps my search for information about the product if I'm looking to buy. It could be a one-off problem, or it could be a problem you wouldn't know about if you didn't search for "R value problems with Thermo Seal Spray" or "Problems with separation with Thermo Seal Spray", etc. If my contractor said he was using that brand I would research to see how many people are having problems like the OP. Is it the product, the way it was applied, or the surface it was applied to?

BTW Joe, if you want a source of aggravation with little result, try small claims, the BBB, or self governing bodies of oversight. You will spend years stressing over it, money and time that could be spent elsewhere, and all with no results, or very poor results. Join a class action of there is one. Then sit back and wait for your $25.00. If you can't resolve it with the contractor or company, move on, lick your wounds but move on. Life is too short.

Last edited by tbeck3579; 12-12-2014 at 05:40 PM.
tbeck3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement