Pest Removal Possible Without Removing Insulation - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

Pest removal possible without removing insulation

I am currently deciding between bids to insulate my crawlspace. I am planning to get the pest work (rodents removal and sealing gaps) done through a company that is separate from my crawlspace insulation company.

However, one of the companies doing bids has said that doing rodents removal and sealing gaps by which they enter before removing the insulation will result in an incomplete job. Is it true? I don't see how insulation that is tied on to the house floor can result in mice coming into the crawl space - unless they are coming from within house!

I will appreciate any comments!
fordfocus1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 166

Re: Pest removal possible without removing insulation

Hi ford, here are some thoughts.
1. Whats your location and reason for insulating the floor vs the crawlspace walls?
2. If you know you have rodents then they have already found every access to every part of your home, attic to crawlspace and somewhere they have targeted a place to do their business and that can be anywhere.
3. I agree that to properly air seal you should have all of the old insulation removed. You can't seal what you can't see.
4. "unless they are coming from within house!" you can bet that they have access to all over the house.

Bud
Bud9051 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rodents