Insulation In Celing Of Bed Room Question - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bud9051

Old 07-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 76

insulation in celing of bed room question

hello i was repainting celing today in bed room after scraping some peeling paint and letting the joint compund dry a full day. today in ny it was abot 90 degrees and the celing of the bed room was hot not like hot that it would burn u but warmish i would sayw. my question is i have seen insulation in the atticon the floor which would be the celing of the bedrooms. but its old and very brittle like it would come apart when u touch it.my question is should that attic insulation be replaced? or should i just remove all insulation in attic. and leave it bare. i have a ridgevent and also theree roof vents plus gables. any information would be great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
charles3526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 06:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 98

Re: insulation in celing of bed room question

Some will remove the old ugly insulation, but never leave it empty. Either add a lot over the top or remove and then add a lot. Not sure of your climate requirements, but r-50 would be a good start.

As for the ventilation, soffits or other low positioned vents are necessary to create the air flow with the other high vents.

Bud
Windows on Wash likes this.
Bud9051 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement