Garage Insulating - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bud9051
  • 1 Post By Bud9051

Old 08-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 312

Garage insulating

got the walls done, now onto the ceiling. Plan is to shiplap the walls and drywall the ceiling. What is the easiest to install in the ceiling? i used the kraft faced on the walls, but is that easy to work with on the ceiling? between holding it, and stapling the 'tabs' seems like a real pain.... maybe install sheetrock, then blow in?
KPDMinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 154

Re: Garage insulating

If it is open from the top you can hang the drywall and then lay batts or whatever from above. Be sure to install baffles while you have easy access. I prefer unfaced Roxul an it fits tight and easy to handle.

Being in a cooling climate You need to either avoid using a vapor barrier or install it towards the exterior. But being a garage it depends upon what is going on inside.

Bud
KPDMinc likes this.
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud9051 View Post
If it is open from the top you can hang the drywall and then lay batts or whatever from above. Be sure to install baffles while you have easy access. I prefer unfaced Roxul an it fits tight and easy to handle.

Being in a cooling climate You need to either avoid using a vapor barrier or install it towards the exterior. But being a garage it depends upon what is going on inside.

Bud
Re-finishing the garage with shiplap walls and VCT tile (black and white race pattern) and want to maintain a little cooler than outside. Play area for grand babies, and an extension of the house for parties, etc....
KPDMinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 154

Extra space does better when it is either conditioned or totally not. Now, I'm from up north and need to rethink your warm climate as your condensation issues are far less then what we deal with.

In general you will want to keep the warm humid air away from that cool interior surface. That would put your vapor barrier to the outside not the Kraft faced on the inside. But your risk is low so I would not change the walls. But in the ceiling I would use unfaced insulation.

Bud
KPDMinc likes this.
Advertisement