Fiberglass insulation around wood burning fireplace
I have a wood burning fireplace with a gate with glass doors in front of it. If you don't know what I mean by a gate, it's a vertical screen with glass doors placed in front of the firebox. When we moved in there was some old fiberglass insulation placed in between the gate and the fireplace rock work. I replaced this insulation when we were having smoke issues. Had a funny smell coming from the fireplace tonight after I closed the glass doors and I assume the firebox got hotter. I'm wondering if I'm causing the binders in the pink fiberglass insulation to off-gas and potentially release toxins.
Is new, pink fiberglass insulation okay in this situation. Since I've clear up my fresh air intake problem, I probably don't even need the insulation in place anymore, because the smoke problem has been solved.