Seeking Input On Fence For Sloped Garden - Gardening Forum - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Gardening Forum

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 169

Seeking Input On Fence For Sloped Garden

yes, yes I know my garden is pathetic.. but ay I'm a rookie at this.

Anyways, saw this morning that some critter(probably rabbits right?) ate half of my crop...

For 5 weeks it was fine and they never ventured up into the "garden" area so I let them hang in my garden... NO MORE!

However I can't be out there 24/7 so I need some kind of fence to keep the critters away..

Having never built a fence much less on a sloped garden such as mine I am seeking any and all advice on this.

I have no idea on where to even begin.. i.e. what materials, fence implentation?

I am in the Milwaukee, WI area and have a Home Depot and a Menards 5mins from my home.

please advise

oNe
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking Input On Fence For Sloped Garden-img955546.jpg  
Sean Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #2

I should add, nothing fancy or permanent.. just enough to keep the rabbits away and the 2yr, and 4yr old out.

just googled again, found nada.. looked for garden fence on slope, garden fence on a hill, both google and youtube fail me..

hopefully yall can come thru

oNe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 188

This plus some of the posts would work.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/HDX-40-in-x...D14/204331924/

http://m.homedepot.com/p/HDX-4-ft-Li...4HD/204331911/
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #4

sweetness!!

thank you sir!!

I'm thinking 6 spikes should suffice right? One on each corner, then one in the middle of each corner..
Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 188

The number of poles will depend upon the distance. You can always add more.

Be sure the fence is tight to the ground to keeps the rabbits from sneaking under.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Low Slope Roofing

Rewards Points: 114

I did T-post and chicken wire. Drive the post in a few inches, and wire the chicken wire to the posts.
1985gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 7,003

I would suggest you cough up the $2-3 extra for the heavy duty T-post. The ones shown bend pretty easy and may even do as you drive them in.

Since you said you were new fencing, I suggest a shallow trench along the propose fence line level (as in a straight line) the ground and to help keep critters from going under.

When you stretch the wire the ends will need to be cut on angle. It may be easier to do a couple of the middle posts and stretch towards each end not doing the final end cuts until it is stretched.

HD and Lowes also sell pre-bent wire ties for regular fencing. It may or may not work with that tight of a mesh.

Your gate can be a simple gap gate, just wire loosely fastened on one side and secure on the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement