Rhizome Barrier - Gardening Forum - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Gardening Forum

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,038

Rhizome barrier

Hello to all,

Wanted to install a border plant that will prevent mulch from leaving and provide a transition btw washed river stones and flower bed.

We have travertine stone, then about 5-6 inches from travertine to bed of strawberry size stones on weed barrier about 2" deep. Wanted to plant some monkey grass [or dwarf Mondo grass] btw stone and flower bed. I was going to make about a 4" area running the dimension of the bed, then hammer down 4" fiberglass bordering btw monkey grass and flower bed.

Here are my questions:
  1. Can or will the Monkey grass grow under the rhizome barrier?
  2. Can or will the monkey grass grow under the weed-barrier and push up anywhere in the sm stones or btw the small stone and edge of weed barrier adjacent to the travertine stone?
Finally would adding a weed barrier from the edging put in the ground out into the f-bed help? If so, how many inches?

My goal is to provide this barrier, but if it's going to turn into a maintenance nightmare, then I might just deal w the mulch issue whenever it rains excessively.

Thank you,
tstex
tstex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement