Reconstituting Liquid Lawn Fertilizer? - Gardening Forum - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Gardening Forum

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joecaption

Old 04-24-2017, 04:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 133

Reconstituting Liquid Lawn Fertilizer?

I usually use regular pellet fertilizer with a drop spreader, but I see I have two spray bottles of liquid fertilizer that is 30-0-0. Now, this did not winter well and has hardened into half blood-red liquid and half soft-ish white-ish scale. Is there any point/easy way to try to reconstitute this to spray it out? I was thinking of adding boiling water and kind of doubling the volume then seeing if the scale dissolved. Or is this a waste of time and the scale will never dissolve enough to pass through a sprayer? Thanks for any tips.
Hossenfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,204

Re: Reconstituting Liquid Lawn Fertilizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossenfeffer View Post
I usually use regular pellet fertilizer with a drop spreader, but I see I have two spray bottles of liquid fertilizer that is 30-0-0. Now, this did not winter well and has hardened into half blood-red liquid and half soft-ish white-ish scale. Is there any point/easy way to try to reconstitute this to spray it out? I was thinking of adding boiling water and kind of doubling the volume then seeing if the scale dissolved. Or is this a waste of time and the scale will never dissolve enough to pass through a sprayer? Thanks for any tips.
I personally wouldn't mess with nitrogen fertilizer and heat - http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elemen...ertilizer-bomb
Nik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 17,912

I'd toss it and never use a drop spreader unless I was going for a checkerboard design on my lawn.
A broadcast spreader will do a far better and faster job.
Nik333 likes this.
Hossenfeffer (04-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 133

Thanks Nick, I am touched by your concern. However, you clearly have no idea how DIY nitrogen fertilizer explosives work. No doubt there is a forum for you, but you should stay away from it....a little learning is a dangerous thing.

Joe, thanks for the advice. Your spreader will work, but for a drop one you should know how to fertilize in both directions with the proper settings to avoid overdoing it.
And the drop spreaders are much more precise at the margins. Don't be scared of them.
Hossenfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 4,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossenfeffer View Post
Thanks Nick, I am touched by your concern. However, you clearly have no idea how DIY nitrogen fertilizer explosives work. No doubt there is a forum for you, but you should stay away from it....a little learning is a dangerous thing.
Thanks for your kindness. . .why don't you explain, since you didn't mention in what chemical form the Nitrogen came?

Last edited by Nik333; 04-24-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Nik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement