DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum - WorkOnIt's Album: Residing project (Summer of 2006)


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Photos > WorkOnIt's Profile > Albums

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Residing project (Summer of 2006)
This project was the highlight of all my renovation projects. Talk about really changing the curb appeal of your place. This was a situation where I was not sure what were gonna do with the outside, whether to paint or reside. Once we added some windows on the first floor, I really botched matching the existing siding, and this made my decision to reside clear. It took about 10 working days to side the house. The detail work using aluminum and the "brake" was quite the learning experience, but boy what a difference it makes.
Completed #3
Completed #2
Completed #1
The "botched" replacement siding is now covered up and looking better...
The front -- halfway home
Installing our 4X4 poles....
The team working the back of house...  My old man in the fore-front being the super...
Driveway side...   
Actually I wind up doing this side 1.5 times....   I learned that if you mess up, a lot of times it requires you to take it down...
First side to get done, this is right before we put up the poles and pick...
More insulation....
Front of the house...   
We decided that we sould use the cedar impressions on the front of the house, and Double 4" Woodgrain Dutchlap for the sides...
Start of wrapping the house insulation board.  Using this board we were able to get a nice even starting base.
Back of the house....
Shed side... 
Botched reshingle job that lead to ultimately reside the whole house...
Front of the house, new windows are left side...
Before Front\Driveway side... 
The front was cedar shake and the sides and back were that cement board shingle.



Top of Page | View New Posts