DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum - WorkOnIt's Albums


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Photos > WorkOnIt's Profile

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

WorkOnIt's Albums
  Album Title Pictures Last Picture
Picture Residing project (Summer of 2006)
This project was the highlight of all my renovation projects. Talk about really changing the curb appeal of your place. This was a situation where I was not sure what were gonna do with the outside, whether to paint or reside. Once we added some windows on the first floor, I really botched matching the existing siding, and this made my decision to reside clear. It took about 10 working days to side the house. The detail work using aluminum and the "brake" was quite the learning experience, but boy what a difference it makes.
16 10-12-2008 09:41 PM
Picture Bedroom to Dining Room Conversion
One of the bigger transformations in our house. This was a first floor bedroom that we converted into a dining room. Really opened up the first floor layout.

Highlights:
Removed a wall at the base of the stairs that allowed access from the living room.
New Window layout
Converted the closet into a serving area
New electric
Paint
New molding throughout

Basically gut-job and did the whole project myself. Duration -- 2 months (just weekends)
22 06-01-2008 09:25 PM
Picture Bathroom Restoration
This was the first project that we took on when we moved in. I was very green at DIY stuff, but learned as I went.
Highlights:
Covered the existing wall tile, with bead board and added a ledge to compensate for the gap...
New tile floor
New toilet, and vanity
Paint
Resurfaced the tub, done by a pro
The first one is always the most interesting...
9 06-01-2008 08:38 PM
Picture Kitchen Restoration
The second project we took on was the restoration of the kitchen. As you can see, the kitchen was the original, and did not have many modern features. I extended the counter to accommodate the dishwasher. We also replaced the counter-top, redid the backsplash and upgraded all the appliances. The cabinets were old, but our budget did not allow for new cabinets. So, I resurfaced the doors by adding bead board, and added molding around the edges. For a price conscious homeowner this was cost effective and really looks good. Obviously new paint and hardware…
8 06-01-2008 08:18 PM



Top of Page | View New Posts