How to spray orange peel texture in a can on a drywall repair
In this short video clip I'm demonstrating how to spray a can of Homax's oil base orange peel texture on an actual drywall repair.
**Be sure to shake the can well before trying to spray the orange peel texture!
I'm spraying the orange peel texture on an kitchen remodeling project.
The area that needs the orange peel sprayed to is on a soffit between the kitchen and dining room that has a heavy orange peel that I need to match. The drywall repair was where a the homeowner had tried to do a DIY drywall repair and failed!
So once the tape joint and corner bead were repaired in that area it was time to prep the area to spray the orange peel texture.
All i can say is cover everything that you don't want texture to get on in the surrounding area around the repair.
☆Materials needed to prep and spray the orange peel texture☆
1) Aerosol can of Homax Orange peel texture (I prefer the oil base)
2) Masking paper- 12″ to 16″
3) 3M paper machine (optional)
4) Masking tape 1.5″ and 3/4″ for paper machine
5) .31 mil light plastic (optional)
6) 5 in 1 tool or putty knife
7) Drop cloths
8) Safety glasses
9) Respirator (breathing protection)