Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Green Home Improvement

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #1

Share |

Interior windows

My house has two wash/bath rooms that has no window. This means that I have to turn on the light even during the day. However one of the walls of the wash room is the hall way which is bright during the day. I was thinking of making an interior window (open or fixed) to let the light in from the hall way. I may not have seen enough houses. But so far I have not seen people using interior windows for lighting up inside wash room or bath room. Is this a stupid idea or there is actual building code against it. I can make wide and shot window close to the ceiling so that you do feel that you are taking a bath in front of an open window.

DIY_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #2

Interior windows

we have a window in out bathroom. if you are standing in the tub looking at the faucet, to your left at your head level there is the window. a sliding two window thing. its nice to air it out but it gets cold. already had to put the storm window on for winter. we have a blind covering the window and also along the window and some of the wall have a smaller cut tub/shower curtain. its private. i would say either way would work. but this IS my first post.

nicknjacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #3

Interior windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY_user View Post
My house has two wash/bath rooms that has no window. This means that I have to turn on the light even during the day. However one of the walls of the wash room is the hall way which is bright during the day. I was thinking of making an interior window (open or fixed) to let the light in from the hall way. I may not have seen enough houses. But so far I have not seen people using interior windows for lighting up inside wash room or bath room. Is this a stupid idea or there is actual building code against it. I can make wide and shot window close to the ceiling so that you do feel that you are taking a bath in front of an open window.
If you have a light source you can tap into, go ahead. As with any opening in a wall, structure it according to the load.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote