Have You Installed A Smart Thermostat In Your Home? - Green Home Improvement - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Green Home Improvement

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stick\shift
  • 1 Post By NickTheGreat

Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Administrator

Rewards Points: 632

Have you installed a smart thermostat in your home?

Have you installed a smart thermostat in your home?-smart-thermostat-lge.jpg

Quote:
"A smart thermostat can be a great addition to any home. A traditional thermostat requires you to make ongoing adjustments throughout the day, but a smart programmable thermostat automatically adjusts using temperature detection and presets. You can also adjust it via your mobile phone, whether you’re away from home or at home but not close to thermostat." How to Install a Smart Thermostat
Have you installed a smart thermostat in your home yet?

Why? Why not?

Advertisement

Join DIY on Facebook today!
facebook.com/DIYChatroom
Cricket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 844

Re: Have you installed a smart thermostat in your home?

Yes, because the house is only used part-time and I like to be able to turn up the heat (I turn it down about 15° F in the winter when I am not there) before I get there rather than sit around freezing while I wait for the house to warm up.
Cricket likes this.

Advertisement

stick\shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Knows Enough to be Danger

Rewards Points: 783

I have talked about it before on here, but I installed an Ecobee 3. I really liked it, but it reeked havoc with my furnace. The furnace wouldn't kick on to high heat and the house dropped in temps. The HVAC guy (who hates smart t-stats) recommended I put the old one back on and it fixed my problem.

I didn't have a c wire so I used the PEK adapter from Ecobee. I'm wondering if running new wire will help out, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

It's sad, as I really liked the thermostat itself.
Cricket likes this.
NickTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 12

I'm using a Nest and it's wonderful. I like how I can track things on my phone, get alerts, and just how overall efficient it is.

It's hard to understand why someone wouldn't want one these days with them being so affordable now. Unless the reason is that it isn't compatible with their existing HVAC system or something.
jami0821 is offline   Reply With Quote