What Temp Can I Use This Gutter Seam Sealer...? - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

What temp can i use this gutter seam sealer...?

What temp can i use this gutter seam sealer...?-image-3077943189.jpg

Wondering what temp I can use this stuff? Need to add a downspout... I'm sure I can use it in cooler weather but its in the 20s st night... Doesn't say anything on storage temps, usage temps, painting,etc... If there is a better product for caulking gutter seams please input.. Thanks guys!

Advertisement

sh40674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 198

Do you plan on moving a downpipe or just adding another? If your moving one, the holes require a bit of work not to leak. Caulking sticks best to new metal, so heavy cleaning and a light sanding increase the odds of it working.

For just adding an outlet, as long as its positive temperatures you wont have any issues. If its half decent, it should set in most temperatures, just may take longer. I like Tremco sealants, but everyone has a preference.

Advertisement

PatChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 2,096

Not sure on that one, but 100% Silicone has the widest temperature range from 40 below to 400 degrees above. Wipe the metal with Naphtha on a clean white cotton rag prior to application to remove mill oil. GE makes a good one that sets in like 30 minutes.

Clean up with alcohol.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Lord of Slums

Rewards Points: 640

take a utility knife, make an x in the bottom of the gutter, push the tabs down and screw your downspout in place. Downspout seams do not require sealer. Make sure overlap direction is right.
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote