DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   What is this part of the gutter called? (

DanBress 10-31-2007 09:10 AM

What is this part of the gutter called?
See the attached picture. What is the tippy top part of the downspout in this picture called? It is the greyish box that funnels the water from the roof into the downspout? I need a new one but I dont know what it is called or how to find one.


Ed the Roofer 10-31-2007 11:10 AM

A Conductor Head or a Scupper Box, with ornamental detailing.

A sheet metal shop should be able to make one for you, especially if you bring in the old one for a sample template of profile and dimensions.


the roofing god 11-02-2007 03:48 AM

leader head

DanBress 11-04-2007 07:09 PM

How are the conductor heads typically attached to the wall? Mine is barely attached and it looks like it was done so by a rubber adhesive. What is the standard way to attach the box to the house? In my case my house is brick.

the roofing god 11-04-2007 07:41 PM

drill holes w/masonry bit insert moly sleeves,and then screw into molys and seal molys w/ gutterseal

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.