DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   What do I need (

bill123 09-02-2006 10:26 AM

What do I need

I live in a semi built in 1936. The roof was secured to prevent roof spread/spay with steel wires. Over the years the wires rusted and to combat roof spread wood was used as a replacement to these braces this has worked well, but has meant a loss of roof space. I want to get this space back by placing metal bracing lower down the roof frame connecting to the ceiling joists. I know I can buy these brackets/braces but don't know what they are called or if they are standard size???? I am not looking to do a roof conversion just get back the space for storage without having to dodge the existing bracing.

Thanks for the help.

I would post up a diagram I have if I knew how to do it.http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20...-proposal.html

RooferJim 09-04-2006 08:03 PM

???, what the hell you talking about anyway?


inspects 09-04-2006 08:28 PM

I think?....your talking about steel wire cables with turn buckels...yes?

If so, before I started just attaching anything to the roof framing and making structural modifications an architect should draw your intension's and submit them for approval in your local jurisdiction.

P.S. I don't think you'll get a permit to do what your trying to explain.

bill123 09-05-2006 03:18 PM

Thanks but it's sorted.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1