We're Reroofing - Shingle Warranties From Major Manufacturers More Or Less Same? - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

We're reroofing - shingle warranties from major manufacturers more or less same?

I're getting bids on reroofing our house and it's going to be a big job.

I understand that choosing the right professional installer is just as important as choosing the right shingle.

I'm looking at 3 major manufacturers of shingles: GAFelk, Tamko and Certainteed, and want a good quality 30-35 year shingle. After reading
a bit about shingles on this forum, it seems that all 3 manufacturers have good products, have their pros and cons, and have very similar looking products.

How should I choose which shingle to use? Does anybody know how the warranties from different manufacturers compare? What are the more important things I should be looking at in a warranty?

One installer that will be bidding works primarily with GAF, but is happy to use whichever manufacturer I choose. (BTW this roofer got high marks on Angie's List).

Thanks!

Advertisement

Catpat is offline   Reply With Quote