Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

water ponding

I have taken on a roof repair that involves getting rid of water ponding . I have found a Henry product that is like a self leveler . Has anyone used a self leveling product to get rid of ponding ?

Az Framer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 2,094

water ponding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Framer View Post
I have taken on a roof repair that involves getting rid of water ponding . I have found a Henry product that is like a self leveler . Has anyone used a self leveling product to get rid of ponding ?
Yeah, its called a sumped roof drain. Put a brick in what you think is the deepest part of the pond. Move it to the remaining wet area as the water evaporates. Put your roof drain there. SUmp it and use tapered edge strip to break down into the drain. Mount the drain's sump receiver on wood blocking sistered to the joists. I only use cast iron drains, usually Zurn Z-100 with sump receiver and CI drain, but there are options. Do not use less than 3 inch drain and pipe. No-Hub, Fernco under drain. You have to flash the drain per the roof type which you have not mentioned. You can use a type A (Side Outlet) if joist height is an issue. DO not screw PVC into a Cast Drain, you need a galvy nipple, then a fernco. Plastic threaded adapter into CI will crack, as CI expands and contracts much faster than Plastic.

Last edited by jagans; 06-21-2013 at 12:41 PM.
jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jagans For This Useful Post:
tinner666 (06-23-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

water ponding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagans View Post
Yeah, its called a sumped roof drain. Put a brick in what you think is the deepest part of the pond. Move it to the remaining wet area as the water evaporates. Put your roof drain there. SUmp it and use tapered edge strip to break down into the drain. Mount the drain's sump receiver on wood blocking sistered to the joists. I only use cast iron drains, usually Zurn Z-100 with sump receiver and CI drain, but there are options. Do not use less than 3 inch drain and pipe. No-Hub, Fernco under drain. You have to flash the drain per the roof type which you have not mentioned. You can use a type A (Side Outlet) if joist height is an issue. DO not screw PVC into a Cast Drain, you need a galvy nipple, then a fernco. Plastic threaded adapter into CI will crack, as CI expands and contracts much faster than Plastic.
roofingquotes is offline   Reply With Quote