Venting Metal Roofs - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

venting metal roofs

I have shingles on my house and I had a construction crew put a metal roof on. They put the metal roof on over the shingles with nothing inbetween, i have heard you should either put some form of material or wood strips inbetween the two. Which is the best way? Also they didn't put any vents on and last winter (our first with the metal roof) we had quite abit of moisture in the attached garage. Do we need to put in vents? If so which ones?

Advertisement

mschreifels@net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 3,292

venting metal roofs

You do not need to vent over deck although it is a good option in cooling dominated climates.

They should have installed some sort of slip layer between your old shingles and the new metal roof.

What is the venting of the attic like right now and where was the moisture in the attached garage?

A picture is very helpful in these cases.

Advertisement

Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote