Venting A Conventionally Framed Cathedral Ceiling With A Reverse Gable - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Angry

venting a conventionally framed cathedral ceiling with a reverse gable

pls. help I have a cathedral ceiling 10/12 pitch with a large reverse gable also 10/12 pitch. I am having shingle problems (certainteed architectural 30 yr.) the shingles are curling and falling apart only on this side of the roof ie. poor ventilation. The conventional framing does not allow for air flow on a great portion of this side of the roof. I do have continuous soffit vents and plenty of rige vent (the good stuff) however from the valleys out it can't get air (boxed in). I thought of reframing with firring strips and new ply over the existing and using an edge vent but i have heard of ice dam water leaks with this type of venting. I live in the Detroit, Michigan area (cold winters and Snow). pls help thks. Dan
HEY SO WHATS THE PROBLEM NO ONE OUT THERE HAS ANY IDEAS ON A FIX? GUESS THIS SITE ISN'T WHAT I THOUGHT 146 LOOKS NOT ONE SUGGETION! I WAS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION SOME OF YOU WERE PROFESSIONAL ROOFERS OR BUILDERS DIY MUST MEAN haven"t DONE IT YET!

Advertisement

Last edited by 1960danm; 04-11-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: NO RESPONSE TO REQUEST
1960danm is offline   Reply With Quote